More often than not, sinusitis is treated with medicines and a variety of home treatment methods. Some of the medicines used to minimize sinusitis symptoms include:
- Mucolytics, which thin the mucus
How Do I Know If I Need Sinus Surgery?
If you’ve tried different medications and treatment options for a few months and sinusitis symptoms don’t improve, it’s considered chronic sinusitis. Very few people need surgery for sinusitis. However, it may be the best option in the following instances:
- A CT Scan shows nasal or sinus polyps
- The patient has sinus cancer
- The patients sinuses have an abnormal structure
- The sinus infection has spread to the bone
Options for Sinus Surgery
Dr. Stacey Silvers provides in-office Balloon Sinuplasty to patients in New York City.
The Balloon Sinuplasty procedure provides the following benefits to patients suffering from chronic sinusitis:
- Patients are anesthetized with local anesthetics as opposed to general anesthesia
- Shorter recovery time
- Proven successful outcomes
- More cost-effective due to avoiding facility fees and anesthesia
Call (212) 213-3339 to find out if you’re a candidate for Balloon Sinuplasty or contact us for further information