Winter is passing, and you can finally enjoy an outdoor walk around Central Park.
If you’re one of 18 million Americans suffering from spring allergies, the sneezing, coughing and watery eyes you may experience makes it difficult the season.
Reducing your exposure to allergens throughout the day can significantly reduce your symptoms.
Recommendations for Dealing With Spring Allergies in New York City:
- Cover your eyes. Wearing sunglasses can protect your eyes from pollen and other allergens, which will reduce the amount your eyes water.
- Cover your hair. If you tend not to wash your hair every day, wearing a hat or headband can reduce the amount of pollen that collects in your hair. Remember to keep your hat outside or in a bag to reduce the amount of pollen in your home.
- Try over the counter allergy medicine. Antihistamines that don’t include sedatives, such as Benadryl, can be taken during the day so you don’t get drowsy. Other over the counter allergy medications include Claritin, Sudafed, Afrin nasal spray and Visine for eye allergy relief.
- Breathe through your nose. Breathing through your nose can help minimize allergy symptoms by lowering the amount of dry air entering your lungs. If you’re too congested to breathe through your nose, use a nasal spray to break up the congestion.
- Avoid sitting in your clothes after being outside. If you suffer from spring allergies, make sure you put your clothes in the laundry and take a shower to avoid dragging allergens around the house.
Treatment for Spring Allergies in Manhattan
Contact Madison ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery today if you suffer from regular seasonal difficulties due to allergens. Call (212) 213-3339 today.